By Sarah Whiteley November 14, 2018 Finance senior Alivia Mikahiel and supply chain management senior Karim Motani were crowned homecoming royalty during halftime at the game against Temple. | Corbin Ayres/The Cougar Seniors Alivia Mikahiel and Karim Motani were crowned 2018 Homecoming Queen and King, respectively, at Saturday’s Homecoming football game against Temple after a week-long voting period. Homecoming court has been a tradition at UH since 1946, the first year the University held Homecoming.Potential candidates for Homecoming royalty have to complete multiple steps before becoming eligible for a place on the court. Each step emphasizes service, involvement, aspirations for the future and overall Cougar Pride, said Homecoming Chair Mayra Castillo. Students had the opportunity to vote for Homecoming King and Queen over the course of Homecoming week. Each candidate’s profile was listed on the Homecoming poll, found on Get Involved through the Access UH portal. The crowning ceremony was held during halftime after the announcement of the winners of the Spirit Bell, a decorating contest between faculty and staff, and the Spirit Cup, a competition between spirit teams. UH President Renu Khator with her husband and industrial engineering professor Suresh Khator, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs Keith Kowalka, Homecoming… Read full this story
- University Of Pittsburgh Replaces Homecoming King And Queen With ‘More Inclusive’ Titles
- DC-Area High School Makes Homecoming King And Queen ‘Gender-Neutral’
- Prince Charles holds special meeting in place of Queen as he prepares for future as King
- King, Queen grace banquet held in conjunction with Conference of Rulers Meeting
- Wisconsin High School Makes Its Homecoming Gender Neutral
- Royal Family news – Queen ‘FORCED into a corner’ by Meghan Markle as she uses Duchess title to manipulate US politics
- Heartbreaking reason the Queen marks the same date at Sandringham every year
- Queen’s furious response to Charles’ Camilla plea: ‘I want nothing to do with her!’
- Queen ‘sought solace’ at Wood Farm where Prince Philip spent his retirement
- Does the Queen really weigh her Christmas dinner guests like in Spencer?
Q&A: Meet the 2018 Homecoming King, Queen — The Cougar have 325 words, post on thedailycougar.com at November 14, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.