John Minchillo / AP Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, speaks after winning his reelection bid during the Ohio Democratic Party election night watch party, Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2018, in Columbus, Ohio. Associated Press Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018 | 6:22 p.m. WASHINGTON — This week’s midterm elections offered revealing lessons for both parties as battle lines begin to emerge for the 2020 presidential election. For Democrats, the potential path back to the White House opened somewhat with a string of statewide victories in Rust Belt states that long backed the party’s nominees but flipped to President Donald Trump in 2016. But Republicans found strength in critical states that often hold the keys to the presidency. Perhaps no state offered Democrats more hope than Wisconsin, which shocked the party in 2016 by narrowly falling into Trump’s column. Republican Gov. Scott Walker’s narrow loss in his bid for a third term left Democrats optimistic they could reclaim Wisconsin along with other traditionally blue states that Trump carried, such as Michigan and Pennsylvania. “To have Walker lose is a significant turning point that the right candidate in 2020 could win all of these states” across the industrial north, Democratic pollster Paul Maslin, who advised Democratic Sen…. Read full this story
- Majority Support Obamacare Despite Trump's Supreme Court Bid to Kill ACA
- Donald Trump’s re-election bid hangs by a thread as he faces battle in eight swing states
- In First Election Debate, Trump and Biden Both Have Something to Prove—Their Mental Fitness
- US election 2020 latest odds – who is favourite to win the next presidential election?
- The Memo: Women could cost Trump reelection
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Trump again plays defense on COVID-19 response
- Trump vs Biden highlights – what happened in the final US presidential debate?
- The Sedition of Donald Trump
- 'Election should END on November 3rd.' Donald Trump rages at 'crazy' Supreme Court for allowing Pennsylvania and North Carolina to count late-arriving ballots for up to nine days - claiming: 'Can you imagine what will happen?'
- If Kanye West Actually Runs for President, Will He Hurt Biden or Trump?
Midterms offer clues for Trump, Dems in ‘20 presidential bid have 333 words, post on lasvegassun.com at November 6, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.