Hamish de Bretton-Gordon, a former British army officer, is director of Doctors Under Fire, a campaign against attacks on hospitals in war zones. He is also the Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear adviser to the Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations (CBRN). The views expressed in this commentary are his own. (CNN)In March 2018, the Novichok attack in Salisbury, England, saw chemical weapons used on UK soil for the first time in history. In Syria, there have been at least eight documented chemical attacks carried out by President Bashar al-Assad’s regime in the past 12 months — most recently, the devastating chemical attack on Douma. In the last seven years, there have been over 100 documented uses of chemical weapons by both the regime and ISIS. The UN’s inspectors, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), have been called on to investigate some of these attacks, but the Russians have obstructed their ability to do so. Salisbury poisoning: Russian doctor identified by Bellingcat as second Skripal suspect But despite Russia’s best efforts to stall and to clean up the Douma site, the OPCW has been able to confirm that it was a chemical attack. I have investigated… Read full this story
- Latest: Russian military claims UK staged chemical attack in Syria
- Latest: Russia claims Syria were warned that rebels would carry out chemical attack
- Britain was behind Syrian ‘chemical attack’, Russia claims
- Latest: Russian military to deploy troops to site of 'chemical attack' in Syria
- Security Council deadlocks again on Syria chemical attacks
- Latest: US says 'all options are on the table in response to Syria 'chemical attack'
- UN Security Council deadlocks again on Syria chemical attacks
- Theresa May wins Cabinet backing to ‘deter’ Assad’s chemical attacks
- We must stop these evil chemical attacks on innocent people in Syria — and blitz President Assad’s bases
- Syria chemical attacks 2018 – what happened in Douma and what did Donald Trump and Russia say about it?
If the US fails to prepare for chemical attacks, it will be bitten have 317 words, post on edition.cnn.com at November 5, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.