DR Congo ministry says Ebola outbreak worst in nation’s history BelfastTelegraph.co.uk The Democratic Republic of Congo’s latest Ebola outbreak is the worst in the country’s recorded history with 319 confirmed and probable cases, the health ministry said. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/dr-congo-ministry-says-ebola-outbreak-worst-in-nations-history-37515528.html https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/article37515525.ece/07121/AUTOCROP/h342/bpanews_07635663-d478-498f-b5b7-10550d515d5e_1 Email The Democratic Republic of Congo’s latest Ebola outbreak is the worst in the country’s recorded history with 319 confirmed and probable cases, the health ministry said. The deadly virus has killed about 198 people since the outbreak was declared on August 1 in the volatile east, the ministry said. Those dead include 163 confirmed Ebola cases, with 35 probable deaths. Nearly 100 people have survived Ebola. This is Congo’s 10th outbreak since 1976, when the hemorrhagic fever was first identified in Yambuku, in the Equateur province, the ministry said. Health Minister Dr Oly Ilunga Kalenga said that the figures now exceed that outbreak. “No other epidemic in the world has been as complex as the one we are currently experiencing,” Dr Kalenga said. “Since their arrival in the region, the response teams have faced threats, physical assaults, repeated destruction of their equipment, and kidnapping. Two of our colleagues in the Rapid Response Medical Unit even lost their lives in an… Read full this story
- Russia Probing Reports of Deadly 'Disease X' in DR Congo, Watchdog Says
- UN bodies including UNICEF, WHO probe DR Congo sex abuse reports
- Dr. Fauci on Mandatory COVID Vaccines: 'Everything Will Be on the Table'
- Ethiopia: UN fears 'massive' coronavirus outbreak in Tigray
- New diseases deadlier than Covid-19 could hit humans: Doctor who discovered Ebola warns
- Dallas Ebola patient in critical condition being treated with experimental drug
- Russia ‘researching doomsday weapons such as unleashing deadly Ebola virus’, experts fear
- Boris Johnson tells Covid deniers to 'grow up' and NHS boss Sir Simon Stevens slams their 'lies' about hospitals being empty – saying the 'nonsense' could KILL people and 'nothing is more demoralising' to medics
- ‘A vaccine is a vaccine...regulators never approve a backup’, says virologist Shahid Jameel
- Chris Whitty warns hospitals are facing 'the worst crisis in living memory' as Covid cases soar - with 46,000 staff now off sick meaning routine operations are being delayed by up to a YEAR
DR Congo ministry says Ebola outbreak worst in nation’s history have 383 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at November 10, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.