News / Business by Press Association 09/10/2018, 9:05 am FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Pollster YouGov has seen annual profits jump nearly 50% as a strategic shift to real-time data analytics paid off, while its boss said it could stand to gain from Brexit uncertainty. The group said its shift from a traditional market research model to a model based on subscription to its products and services had bolstered profit margins. Chief executive Stephan Shakespeare said the company’s increasingly international spread of revenues would help it to “cope with, or even gain from, potential volatility” as a result of Brexit. Pre-tax profits rose 49% to £11.8 million in the year to the end of July. Revenue jumped 9% to £116.6 million on the back of strong growth in the data products and services divisions. In data products, which includes brand tracking service BrandIndex, revenue was 26% higher. Data services, which is largely comprised of YouGov Omnibus, reported revenue that was 24% higher. This was partly offset by custom research, in which revenue declined by 3% despite new contract wins with customers such as Revlon and Ikea. This reflected YouGov’s efforts to expand data products… Read full this story
- Beyond Meat sales quadruple amid channel shift
- Dunelm predicted to post higher profits after strategic shift
- Credit Suisse back on track as second quarter profit soars
- Profit soars for Microsoft fueled by cloud, business services
- Marks & Spencer profits decimated amid restructuring efforts
- Eddie Stobart issues profit warning amid takeover interest
- Next ups profit expectations amid rise in full-price sales
- Galliford Try sees profits sink amid Bovis Homes sale talks
- PZ Cussons offloads brands as part of strategic shift
- Greggs profits up 'thanks to new menu options'
YouGov profits soar amid strategic shift have 273 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at October 9, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.