Wacl has unveiled new research, in partnership with LinkedIn, about the lack of gender equality in leadership roles in marketing, along with a plan to tackle this problem. A “leadership gap” was identified by LinkedIn research, which showed that half of people employed in the UK marketing, media and communications industry are female. However, there is significantly lower female representation in leadership positions (director level and above), with only 36% of women holding these roles. This equates to a 14 percentage point “leadership gap”. By sector, the leadership gap is worst in publishing, with a 14.3 percentage point gap. The smallest gap is in PR and communications, with a 6.4 percentage point gap. Pippa Glucklich, president of Wacl and UK chief executive of Amplifi, pointed out the study is the first of its kind that looks at all sectors across the communications and marketing industry. She explained: “At Wacl, our purpose is to accelerate gender equality in this industry, and having a benchmark of where we are and how far we have to go was critical in our mission. Unsurprisingly, women do not have equal leadership status in many of the sectors that make up our industry.” A springboard for… Read full this story
- 'Unique agreement' closes pay gap in Australia: FFA
- Michelle Williams’s Emmys speech calls out workplace inequality for women of color
- What is the gender pay gap, where do statistics come from and is it illegal to pay women less than men?
- Hillary Clinton Says Professional Women Face 1950's-Like Economy in Silicon Valley Address
- We should keep pressing for progress as we mark International Women’s Day
- How women's football has finally come to matter
- Carluccio’s to close 30 branches as part of plan to save restaurant chain with 500 jobs at risk
- How German women obtained the right to vote 100 years ago
- Inside Gap’s Plan To Get Back into Your Drawers
- Tech helping fuel S.F.’s growing gender pay gap
Wacl calls on industry to close 'leadership gap' for women have 314 words, post on www.campaignlive.co.uk at October 29, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.