Rampart High School football coach Rob Royer remembers the game with District 20 rival Air Academy being a big one back when he was playing for the Rams.That hasn’t exactly been the case lately with the schools not playing the last two seasons and Air Academy looking to leave behind a decade where it had as many winless seasons (2010, 2013) as it did winning seasons (2008, 2017).The rivalry could be reignited at 7 p.m. Friday at District 20 Stadium in The Gazette Preps Game of the Week.The Rams and Kadets sport matching 6-2 records. Rampart enters 3-0 in league play, winning each contest by at least 34 points, while Air Academy is 2-1 in conference after last week’s loss to the only other unbeaten team in the 4A Pikes Peak, Pueblo West.More importantly, the Rams and Kadets and No. 18 and 19, respectively, in the Colorado High School Activities Association’s latest RPI ranking where the top 16 make the playoffs, effectively making Friday’s game a must-win for both.“We’re in playoff mode right now,” Royer said. “Because of the RPI, every game is a playoff for us.”“I really believe if we can win this one, we’ve got a chance to… Read full this story
- A look at Northern Kentucky's most compelling high school football rivalries
- Football notebook: Capers make a statement in loss to Wells
- Florida and Miami Ready to Renew Rivalry in Orlando on Saturday
- Vols coach Rick Barnes on renewing series with Memphis: 'It's going to happen'
- Johnston football thumps Indianola in crucial district matchup
- College football notebook: Air Force's Troy Calhoun pushes investment in 'ball sports'
- The Register's Preps Athletes of the Week for Aug. 20-25
- College Update: Ex-Maine-Endwell football stars playing at high level in college
- A rare October game with critical meaning: Rams at Seahawks
- Seahawks put strong Thursday mark on line vs. Rams
Rams, Kadets ready to renew District 20 football rivalry have 303 words, post on gazette.com at October 23, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.