THE REPUBLICAN BLOB. With 35 DAYS left until Election Day, House Republicans have found a bizarre phenomenon. Around the country, PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP is above water in several House districts in which the GOP is struggling. Why? Top figures in the party tell us this: Most of their members are stuck in the mushy middle when it comes to their political identity. They don’t totally align with the president, so they have trouble exciting part of the base, but they’re not far enough from the president to pull in undecided, middle-of-the-road voters who have soured on the president. — CASE IN POINT … RACHAEL BADE: “The double lives of vulnerable House Republicans”: “Vulnerable House Republicans have to lead double lives these days if they hope to hang on.“Take Dave Brat. At a private fundraiser in early September, the Virginia Republican joked to a roomful of Republicans about how he mimics archconservative House Freedom Caucus founder Jim Jordan on Fox News when discussing the FBI’s Russia investigation. He then encouraged Sebastian Gorka, a controversial former adviser to President Donald Trump, to get involved in Brat’s campaign to gin up the base, according to a recording of the private event obtained by… Read full this story
- Kia Seltos Bookings Cross 40,000 in Just 35 Days, Creates Record in India
- Last minute Christmas deals: Update your skincare routine with up to 35% off Elemis on Amazon
- Neil Gorsuch Executes the Nominee Playbook With His Apolitical Promise
- PM Modi visits Belur Math; unveils Dynamic Architectural Illumination of lights of Howrah Bridge
- Migrants are ‘powerful drivers’ of economy, dynamism, understanding – UN
- Chhapaak Vs Tanhaji The Unsung Warrior box office day 2: Ajay Devgn film surges ahead with Rs 35.67 cr, Deepika Padukone movie collects Rs 11.67cr
- Iran threatens 35 targets with retaliatory attacks after General Soleimani's death, including US warships in the Gulf and Tel Aviv - as White House says it expects a revenge strike 'within weeks'
- Survey shows 35% of first heart attack victims to be under 35
- 35% of first heart attack victims are under 35, shows survey
- Money saving expert Martin Lewis reveals he's still ‘deeply scarred’ by his mother’s death 35 years on – and says he struggles to ‘remember anything but the pain’
POLITICO Playbook: The dynamic, 35 days out have 357 words, post on www.politico.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.