He was quite indignant. The MP insisted that the car in which he tried to win support from the electorate of East Fife in Scotland was not a Bentley. It was in fact his dear mother’s Mercedes — on this occasion, he had decided to leave the Bentley at home. The account of the role of his nanny in his rise to political stardom was of course entirely accurate. As he has remarked himself, the 49-year-old does not believe in the “nanny state” — but he does value, and indeed cherish, the services of a good nanny. In letters to his own nanny Veronica Crook when he was away at school , young Jacob liked to refer to her as “My darling Old Woom”. Rees-Mogg, now the MP for North East Somerset and nicknamed the “Honourable Member for the Eighteenth Century”, is quite unlike any politician that one would ever encounter on a saunter through Leinster House. Some of our own breed may have privileged upbringings, but they tend to go out of their way to downplay the fact. It is considered a good idea to conceal any hint of a silver spoon in the mouth. Rees-Mogg, by contrast, flaunts… Read full this story
- Baldrick or brilliant? Rees-Mogg's Brexit plan for Northern Ireland divides opinion
- Boris Johnson wins key backers amid warnings of Tory leadership 'stitch-up'
- Rory Stewart hits out at Tory rivals over 'suicide bomber' remark
- Le'Veon Bell hit a Miami club to perform live at the release party for his EP
- World's Best Dad invites Lamborghini owners to son's birthday party
- Jaguars could be made in China
- First class degree in election fraud: Undergraduate's tweet boasting she'll vote twice exposes our lax voting system - as Labour's far-left followers tell activists to 'vote often'
- Robbie Sarmanian goes on home run tear for Manchester Essex baseball
- Boris Johnson halts fracking due to an 'unacceptable' risk of earthquakes: PM alters course in bid to boost green credentials and head off Labour
- Volleyball Preview: Dallas-Fort Worth high school volleyball players to watch in 2018
Mogg-mentum grows for the Tory Party’s poshest boy have 331 words, post on www.independent.ie at October 6, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.