Ryan Martin Indianapolis Star Published 6:00 AM EDT Oct 15, 2018 The race for Marion County sheriff comes down to competing visions: Do voters want to continue with a sheriff’s office insider with years of experience or someone wishing to steer the office in a new direction? Kerry Forestal, 62, has more than 40 years of law enforcement experience under his belt, most of it working in the Sheriff’s Office. He is the Democratic heir apparent to the two prior sheriffs, Frank Anderson and John Layton, who have both endorsed him. “Experience is what’s important,” Forestal said. ”I’m prepared to do it when I walk in January 1st.” Brian Durham, 48, possesses nearly 30 years of law enforcement experience and defeated a crowded field of Republican candidates in the primary. Now, he said it’s time for the Sheriff’s Office to move in a new direction. “I want to do something different,” Durham said. “We need change.” The two are competing for the office made vacant by Layton, who is stepping down because he reached his two-term limit. Whoever wins will immediately inherit at least two nagging challenges: a budget of about $115 million that does not cover all of its operations, according to a recent preliminary audit, and a… Read full this story
- Democrats May Avert Shutout in Key California U.S. House Races
- Trump Tries to Change the Subject as Russia Fallout Rattles GOP
- The inside story of how Trump's Chief of Staff lost his power
- Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town, Premier League: live
- Trump vs Putin? Time to be ‘scared’
- 'I will not be Sinn Féin's candidate for Áras'
- Crystal Palace vs Liverpool, Premier League: live score updates
- Arsenal vs West Ham, Premier League: live score updates
- POLITICO London Playbook, presented by Dalradian Gold: Brexit Groundhog Day — Gaza braced for more protests — Javid vs. Cooper
- Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow: Europa League quarter-final first leg
Marion County sheriff race pits insider vs. candidate urging change have 307 words, post on eu.indystar.com at October 8, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.