Kathleen Ward Special to The Times Published 6:37 PM EDT Oct 14, 2018 You could say that they were strangers in a strange land. Neither knew anyone here and, although they were from the same country, they had never met. Friendly, 6-foot-1, lanky and athletic, Australians Dan Maierhofler and Jack Callan are LSUS sophomores that now call Shreveport home. Both are in their second year playing for the LSUS Pilots soccer team. Of the 7.9 million high school athletes of 2018, only 480,000 became college athletes, according to the National Scouting Report, a corporation that connects college coaches and student athletes during the recruiting process. NSR represented both LSUS soccer players and presented them with several good colleges and universities in the United States that offered them soccer scholarships. “NSR is one of several recruiting services kids from all over the world use to help in the process of finding a good-fit university in America,” said Pilots coach Phillip Bohn, who came to LSUS in 2017. “I came from Kansas Wesleyan University where I was the men’s head coach for three seasons,” said Bohn, a former semi-pro league soccer player. “I began coaching at 19 years old (and) have coached high… Read full this story
- Christian Pulisic Is Restoring My Faith In U.S. Soccer
- U.S. Soccer Still Needs Jurgen Klinsmann, But Maybe Not As Manager
- Inspirational coach John Herdman changing the face of Canadian soccer
- With inspiration and motivation, John Herdman is changing the face of Canadian soccer
- The USMNT Is An Absolute Joke, And It's All U.S. Soccer's Fault
- Canadian soccer success a page out of John Herdman’s program
- Boys Soccer: Potent offense, stingy defense has Carroll confident it can make tourney run
- Advice on How to Get Your Guy Back After a Breakup
- Salif Doumbia breaks through language barrier, opposing teams for Widefield boys' soccer
- Interview With Author John R Afamasaga About His New Work "GUIPOPERA II"
How 2 guys from Australia wound up playing soccer and working at LSUS have 307 words, post on eu.shreveporttimes.com at October 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.