Email ABC Arts By Teresa Tan Updated October 17, 2018 06:59:15 Photo: Producer Kamina Vincent says Florence’s story is universal: “[We all] experience love in some form, even if it is just a friendship”. (Supplied: Mountains) Audio: Creating games with heart (Afternoons) Related Story: New video game takes players on a wombat’s journey through Australian bush Map: Melbourne 3000 Games creator and designer Ken Wong thinks video games should make you cry.”Like a great song can make you cry, and a great movie can tell you something about the world, and a great book can reveal something about yourself, a game should do all those things too,” he says.For now however, he says, it’s an anomaly, “because that’s not necessarily what games have to do”. External Link: Florence is a twenty-something Malaysian-Chinese-Australian. In June this year, Wong’s indie games studio Mountains collected its first Apple Design Award (Wong’s second, following a 2014 win for the viral success Monument Valley) for its debut mobile video game, Florence — a hand-drawn, delicately animated and exquisitely scored story of young womanhood and first love, designed for a single player.Part puzzle and part graphic novel, Florence charts the budding relationship, courtship and eventual break-up… Read full this story
- E-sports are all the rage, but can competitive video gaming turn professional?
- The Best Dads In Video Games
- Priscilla, Queen of the Desert comes to Hornchurch, promising an emotional journey of friendship and self-discovery
- College football video game to release in 2020; 'Gridiron Champions' vision of two Alabama men
- Global video game phenomenon ‘Fortnite’ receives ‘F’ for creating student zombies
- Playing video games is about to become a real-life high school sport
- Fortnite: Fighting for survival in video game
- Older video game players flock to Sumo Group
- Klopp believes Salah has come of age in award-winning season
- What Remains wins Bafta's top games award
Florence: Award-winning Australian mobile video game takes players on emotional journey of a relationship have 302 words, post on www.abc.net.au at October 17, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.