World Donald Trump President Donald Trump popularized the term “fake news” to describe unflattering media narratives during his 2016 presidential campaign and, since his election, has continued to use the phrase to brand articles critical of his him and his policies. A number of other world leaders and their officials have caught on. As recently as Wednesday, Trump used the “FAKE NEWS!” label to dismiss 92 percent of the coverage on him that was “negative on ABC, CBS and ABC.” He cited a recent study by the conservative-leaning Media Research Center and, that same day, he used the influential expression when telling a crowd of supporters in Erie, Pennsylvania, how much he only believed in polls that showed Republicans were doing well. “I believe in polls. Only the ones that have us up, because they’re the only honest ones. Other than that, they’re the fake news poll,” Trump said. “Fake news. Fake news. You know they take these polls, they show them, I said, that can’t be right. What they want to do is keep you out of the voting booth.” National Security Action, a progressive advocacy group based in Washington, compiled a list Thursday of times that other governments have outright used… Read full this story
- Newspaper editorials across US rebuke President Donald Trump for attacks on media
- Racism storm follows Donald Trump to historic US settlement
- India drops plan to punish journalists for fake news following outcry
- Donald Trump accuses Canadians of smuggling shoes home from U.S.
- Omarosa’s fake horror about Donald Trump is all she has left to peddle
- New York Times anonymous op-ed: Donald Trump's feud with critical media deepens
- Trump blames media for 'division and hatred' in US
- Donald Trump says he looks forward to second meeting with Vladimir Putin
- Trump keeps falsely blaming Democrats for his administration’s family separation policy — here’s what’s really going on
- Trump rants about Michael Cohen, the ‘fake news,’ and border security in wayward Sunday morning tweetstorm
'Fake News!' Following Donald Trump, These Other World Leaders Have Blamed the Media for Troubles at Home have 333 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.