In the week where schools across London were close due to an infestation of False Widow spiders an arachnid expert at a Sussex zoo park has said there is nothing to fear. False Widows are native to the South East, about the size of a 50p coin and are the most dangerous spider species in the UK in that their bite has been known to cause painful swelling.The spider has distinctive cream markings on its bulbous body and is brown with reddish-orangey legs.It prefers warm, dark, places, including homes and eats insects.But Drusillas spider expert Angela Hale is advising people not to panic about recent sightings.She said: “The false widow spiders originate from mainland Europe but are no more dangerous than the garden spider. The bite of a false widow is no worse than a bee or wasp sting and they will only bite if they feel threatened or are provoked.” Angela spends a great deal of time trying to re-educate people about these mini monsters and she and her husband, fellow arachnophile Ray, will host ‘Spider Saturday’ at Drusillas on Saturday October 13 in an attempt to offer an insight into these animals we love to hate. They also… Read full this story
- Russia has ‘100,000 troops on Ukrainian border’ as fears grow of imminent invasion & new war in Europe
- South East Antrim UDA: 'A criminal cartel wrapped in a flag'
- Russia moves with a new swagger in South-East Asia
- There's been a huge spike in injured and unwell turtles in south-east Queensland — but it's hard to work out why
- International flights should be reopened immediately, say experts
- These simple interventions saved 20 families from the tragedy of stillbirth, say experts
- Terrorists will wage terrifying new biowar as Wuhan ‘lab leak’ chaos shows they could get away with murder, say experts
- Scale of terrifying Russian invasion plot exposed as Putin sets sights on four countries
- Non-invasive Ventilation For COVID-19 Patients Isn’t Linked To Heightened Infection Risk, Study
- Non-Invasive Ventilation For COVID-19 Patients Not Linked To Heightened Infection Risk: Study
Do not fear South East spider invasion says expert have 333 words, post on www.bexhillobserver.net at October 5, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.