World The White House has drafted an executive order that would push federal antitrust and law enforcement agencies to probe the business practices of social media and other internet companies, according to Bloomberg. 23 Sep 2018 03:50AM Bookmark WASHINGTON: The White House has drafted an executive order that would push federal antitrust and law enforcement agencies to probe the business practices of social media and other internet companies, according to Bloomberg.It is unclear whether the order will be signed by President Donald Trump. The order has yet to be reviewed by other government agencies and remains in its preliminary stages, Bloomberg reported on Saturday. The document reportedly does not name any specific companies as the target of such investigations.The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.The news follows repeated comments by Trump and other prominent Republican politicians about the alleged online censorship of conservatives by tech companies.Facebook and Twitter deny they’ve been involved in politically motivated censorship. In recent months, the companies have defended their existing internal policies which guide whether users should be suspended or banned from their platforms based on rule violations, such as bullying and other forms of harassment.In August, Trump Tweeted: “Social… Read full this story
- White House Executive Order Applies Civil Rights Act to Punish Anti-Semitic Hate - Trump
- Congress, White House near deal to create Space Force in exchange for paid leave for federal workers
- White House tells Jerry Nadler it WILL snub Monday's impeachment hearing and calls process 'completely baseless'
- White House Tells Democrats it Will Not Participate in Trump's 'Baseless' Impeachment Hearing
- Exclusive — White House’s Pam Bondi: Trump Wants Schiff, Hunter Biden, ‘Whistleblower’ to Testify in Senate Impeachment Trial
- White House Planning Trump Visit With Russian Foreign Minister, National Security Adviser Says
- Nazis Take Anger Over Kate Steinle Verdict to White House, Where They Are Outnumbered By 'Antifa'
- White House tells Democrats it will not participate in Trump impeachment hearing
- House Democrats unveil Trump impeachment charges; White House looks to Senate fight
- House Democrats unveil Trump impeachment charges; White House sets sights on Senate trial
White House draft order directs probes into tech giants have 343 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 23, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.