The annual celebration is a chance for artists from across the country to get together to pay tribute to the theatre’s ancestors who laid the foundation for the national art forms and contributed to their development through the years.
On the occasion, the VASA presented the Third Class Independence Medal to former Chief of the VASA Secretariat Truong Dinh Tho and veteran stage artists over 70 years old for their contributions to the development of theatre in Vietnam. Awards were also given for outstanding individual and ensemble performances in 2012.
The VASA also held an award ceremony to present 16 gold and 34 silver medals to the best actors, productions and directors in a festival featuring the works of playwright Luu Quang Vu’s.
- Phoenix Veterans Day celebrations: 15 ways to honor those who have served
- Saints fans celebrate first preseason home game
- Earth Day’s Founding Father
- What 'PBS NewsHour' won't say about Donald Trump; Ann Curry on 'We'll Meet Again,' more: PBS press day
- Six great things to check out July 4 weekend — including Festival of Independence, Heroes & Villains Fan Fest and Springsteen on tape
- Premiere jet demonstration pilot will perform at Chennault Airshow
- Family of Maxwell Gruver files $25M lawsuit against LSU for alleged hazing death
- VFW Post 1475 receives 'Purple Heart Post' recognition
- Loved ones try to carry on legacy of coach killed driving kids home from practice
- Dollar General hosts job fair