Logan Marshall-Green stars in ‘Upgrade,’ a little-seen but exciting 2018 feature. Ben King – © Universal Pictures It may only be September, but we’re already in the thick of awards season. Critics are raving about A Star Is Born and First Man, while #FilmTwitter is stuck in a near-constant cycle of hyperbolic reaction, passionate debate and Oscars projection. Expect this to continue for the next five months like a paradoxical vortex loop straight out of a Christopher Nolan movie. But as we enter the frenzied fray, less showy pictures from earlier this year may get lost in the conversation.Subscribe to Observer’s Entertainment NewsletterThat’s why we’re here, to give credit where credit is due to films that didn’t garner as large of audiences as they deserved. These are movies you may not have heard of and, if you have, may not have actually seen. Our advice: check them out soon; some are still in theaters.Upgrade (June 1)Box Office: $13,516,615By the end of the year, the six major film studios will have dropped between 150 and 175 movies combined, all of television will have screened upwards of 500 scripted shows and hundreds of less-mainstream films will have come and gone. We are so… Read full this story
- 8 Nicolas Cage Movies That Prove He's Perfect to Play Joe Exotic in Tiger King
- Best Movies/TV to Stream in June: ‘Perry Mason,’ New Spike Lee, Serial-Killer True Crime
- 49 Black movies to watch that will spark joy
- The best Netflix original series that you can stream right now
- FIRST LOOK: Emilio Estevez is seen on the set of The Mighty Ducks reboot for Disney+ as he reprises his role of Coach Bombay: 'I am delighted'
- Patrick Stewart on Making a Terrorist: ‘They’re Given a Role, an Identity, a Sense of Belonging’
- Ahmaud Arbery's Mom Tells Breonna Taylor's Mom Don't Give Up
- 'Let's say we didn't knock politely': Officer describes how FBI agents smashed down Ghislaine Maxwell's door and hauled her off in handcuffs after she gave them the slip in year-long $5m game of 'cat and mouse'
- Angels of the Resistance (and a Serial Killer) in Nazi-Occupied Paris
- Inside the ‘Midnight Rider’ Manslaughter: Will Hollywood Learn From the Death of Sarah Jones?
The Four Most Criminally Under-Seen Movies of the Year (So Far) have 362 words, post on observer.com at September 27, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.