This article is a collaboration between The New Yorker and ProPublica. In September, 2016, Jenn Thompson and her boyfriend, Robbie Ray, discovered that she was pregnant. They had met just over a month earlier, through the dating app Tinder, and quickly became inseparable. Robbie would stay at Jenn’s place several nights a week, and on the weekends they tailgated at football games. The pregnancy was unplanned, but both had recently turned thirty and were ready to start a family. When they went in for an ultrasound appointment, a technician pointed out two tiny circles on the screen: twins. They bought a baby Doppler and Robbie would hold the monitor on Jenn’s stomach so they could listen to the two hearts beating in tandem. They got married five months later, at the Lutheran church Jenn attended. Robbie moved into her house, in Columbia, South Carolina, across the street from her parents in a tightly packed development of modest, newish homes tucked behind a shopping complex. They converted the second bedroom into a nursery. Jenn found the crib she slept in as an infant and gave it a fresh coat of paint. The babies arrived more than a week early, by C-section—a… Read full this story
- Mother, grandmother and stepfather charged with aggravated child abuse after a 13-year-old boy in Alabama was found naked and chained to a door
- Pope Francis vows to 'uproot the evil' of child abuse after 'painful' report on Vatican's mishandling of allegations against US cardinal Theodore McCarrick
- Vatican releases guidelines for bishops on how to handle clerical child abuse claims after Pope Francis called for a 'practical handbook' for when cases emerge
- 2-Month-Old Baby In PICU Following Alleged Child Abuse In Stockton; Father In Custody
- UP child abuse case: CBI hints main accuse was not working alone
- Toddler rushed to hospital with octopus stuck in throat following suspected child abuse
- Chester County Mother Facing Child Abuse Charges For Horrific Crime
- Dark web child abuse sites repeatedly CRASH because of a sickening surge in demand during Covid crisis - as police save 46 kids from 'the biggest child sex ring in Australian history'
- Man admits 96 child abuse charges against 51 boys after pretending to be teen girl
- CBI arrests UP govt engineer in over 50 child abuse cases
The Child-Abuse Contrarian have 371 words, post on www.newyorker.com at September 26, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.