Visit The Boston Globe Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Comment on this Scroll to top of page September 07, 2018 Read a transcript of former president Barack Obama’s speech on Friday in Illinois in which he rebuked President Trump. PRESIDENT OBAMA: Hey! Hello, Illinois! I-L-L!AUDIENCE: I-L-L!PRESIDENT OBAMA: I-L-L! Advertisement AUDIENCE: I-L-L! Get Ground Game in your inbox: Daily updates and analysis on national politics from James Pindell. Thank you for signing up! Sign up for more newsletters here PRESIDENT OBAMA:I-L-L!AUDIENCE: I-L-L!PRESIDENT OBAMA: Okay, okay. Just checking to see if you’re awake. Please have a seat, everybody. It is good to be home. It’s good to see corn.(Laughter.) Advertisement PRESIDENT OBAMA: Beans. I was trying to explain to somebody as we were flying in, that’s corn. That’s beans. And they were very impressed at my agricultural knowledge. Please give it up for Amaury once again for that outstanding introduction. I have a bunch of good friends here today, including somebody who I served with, who is one of the finest senators in the country, and we’re lucky to have him, your Senator, Dick Durbin is here. I also noticed, by the way, former Governor Edgar here, who I haven’t seen… Read full this story
- Fox's Baier pushes back Trump complaint over carrying Obama speech: We're covering 'an important election fairly'
- Anatomy Of A Cannes Contender: How Funny Or Die Got President Obama “Between Two Ferns”
- Full Transcript: John Kerry on Israeli Settlements and Two-State Solution
- Transcript: Donald Trump announces his presidential candidacy
- Everyone Does Better When the President’s a Democrat
- In Conversation With Barack Obama
- Obama says Trump 'undermines our democracy' by sowing 'seeds of doubt' with his claims about a 'rigged' election
- Obama forced to bury the hatchet and give Bill Clinton the headline role at Democratic convention to boost his ailing reelection campaign
- 'It's not a slogan': Progressives push back on Obama's comments on 'defund the police' movement
- Want insight into Biden's Middle East policy? Read Obama's memoir
Read a transcript of former President Obama’s speech in Illinois have 334 words, post on www.bostonglobe.com at September 7, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.