Sep 12, 4:45 AM EDT Newsletter Signup BusinessTechnologyWorldNationalMedia & CultureOpinionSportsLuxury World By Reuters 09/12/18 AT 4:14 AM A group of about 50 lawmakers in British Prime Minister Theresa May’s government who oppose her proposals for a post-Brexit deal with the European Union have met to discuss how and when they could force her out of her job, the BBC reported on Wednesday.The lawmakers, part of the European Research Group (ERG), an anti-EU grouping in May’s Conservative party, met on Tuesday night and openly discussed May’s future as leader, the BBC said citing an unnamed source.A number at the meeting said they had already submitted letters of no confidence in May, the source told the BBC. Under Conservative rules, a leadership election is triggered if 15 percent of Conservative lawmakers, currently 48 out of its 315 members of parliament (MPs), demand a vote of no confidence.The ERG has condemned May’s plans for Britain to remain in a free trade zone for goods with the EU after it leaves the bloc in March next year, but has faced criticism itself for failing to suggest a detailed alternative.Jacob Rees-Mogg, the ERG leader, said on Tuesday his group would unveil its proposal on Wednesday… Read full this story
- Ministers deny plotting to oust May as Brexit rebels head for Chequers
- One million join march against Brexit as Tories plan to oust May
- Conservative MP interviewed by police over election spending
- With Brexit approaching UK's voice in Brussels grows quiet
- Furious Downing Street accuses Labour of doing a deal with the SNP to 'sell the UK down the river' by offering a second Scottish independence vote in return for supporting Jeremy Corbyn's bid to become PM
- Watch PM May address Commons on roller-coaster day as Brexit vote set to be delayed
- Q&A: what is the Conservative election expenses row about?
- Hilary Benn seeks shadow cabinet backing to oust Corbyn
- Brexit: fifth of Labour MPs defy three line whip to vote against article 50 bill
- Dems call Mueller report 'devastating'; GOP disagrees
About 50 Conservative Lawmakers Discuss Ousting UK PM May: Report have 327 words, post on www.ibtimes.com at September 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.