Michelle Verasmende was an adventurous spirit who lived life to the fullest and considered everyone she knew – including the woman convicted of killing her – a friend, according to her loved ones. Verasmende’s family and friends spoke on her behalf Monday (Aug. 13) at a sentencing hearing for Breyiana Brown, a 23-year-old woman who was convicted in June of manslaughter in Verasmende’s 2016 death. “She was fearless and irrational, and she saw the best in everyone she met,” Verasmende’s longtime friend, Alexis Juster, said. “She had a good heart but no sense of logic, no sense of consequence. And I will love her until the day that I die.” Verasmende was 19 when she was shot four times in the back of the head on July 13, 2016, in the parking lot of the Mark VII Apartments on Papania Drive in New Orleans East. Brown was arrested and charged in her death. Prosecutors have said investigators believe Brown and another still unidentified person killed Verasmende based on suspicions she had stolen drugs intended for sale. Criminal District Judge Keva Landrum-Johnson sentenced Brown to 30 years in prison on the manslaughter charge. Additionally, she gave Brown 10 years for an obstruction of… Read full this story
- That '70s Show star Danny Masterson will be arraigned on rape charges next month after a judge tells his lawyers the statute of limitations doesn't apply due to the 'one-strike' rule
- Mick Philpott jailed for life – judge's sentencing remarks in full
- Ten year imprisonment in Pocso case
- US Justice Department says it is 'extremely disappointed' and vows to continue to seek Julian Assange's extradition after British judge blocked move because WikiLeaks founder 'would be a suicide risk'
- WikiLeaks founder could walk free TODAY: Julian Assange arrives at court to hear if he will be bailed while US officials appeal UK judge's extradition ban
- No prison time for San Francisco woman charged in father’s dismemberment
- Murdered teen’s mum says killer’s lenient jail time made her ‘sick to her stomach’ as sentence to be reviewed
- Is new Netflix film Pieces of a Woman based on a true story? Get the details
- Furious Donald Trump is 'willing to go after Mike Pence hard' if he doesn't overturn Joe Biden's victory in Congress - and issues public rebuke telling his VP he CAN dismiss Joe Biden's electoral college votes
- Why Trump should commute Lisa Montgomery's death sentence
'You didn't even express any remorse,' judge tells woman before sentencing in manslaughter case have 388 words, post on www.nola.com at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.