The “Intel Inside” marketing campaign has put an Intel sticker on millions of personal computers since it launched in 1991. But your next laptop could have Intel outside if rival chip designer Arm gets its way.Arm’s chip technology is used in nearly every iPhone and Android phone in existence, though other companies like Apple, Qualcomm and TSMC actually design and manufacture the processors using that technology. Arm-based laptops today aren’t great — you’ll see reviews with complaints like “sluggish compared to Intel” and “just isn’t powerful enough” — but Arm hopes new designs coming in 2019 and 2020 will change that.”The teams have delivered almost a 2.5X performance gain in a four-year window. That’s exceptional,” said Ian Smythe, an Arm senior marketing director. That gain, compared with the Cortex-A73 released in 2016, will come with processor designs code-named Deimos in 2019 and Hercules in 2020, he said.If Arm succeeds, it could change how you think of a laptop as technology that matured in phones arrives in your PC, too. First, you could get all-day battery life, where plugging a power cord into the wall is just something you do at night. Second, you could enjoy the same mobile networks that… Read full this story
- Acer Aspire 5 (2020) review: Has the budget laptop king been dethroned?
- Best budget gaming laptop deals of the week - 25th August 2020
- Best laptop under $500 of 2020 in stock from HP, Lenovo, Dell and more
- Samsung Galaxy A71 5G vs. OnePlus Nord: Midrange phone battle
- Best budget gaming laptop deals of the week - 19th August 2020
- Samsung's plan to supercharge its Exynos chips is exactly what the mobile industry needs
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G review: It doesn’t get any better
- Best MacBook and Macs: top Apple desktops and laptops
- Best Buy laptop deals: The best offers for August 2020
- 5G: Everything you need to know about the wireless revolution
Want a laptop with super-long battery life and 5G networking? Arm's faster next-gen chips are designed for it have 307 words, post on www.cnet.com at August 16, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.