Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his spouse hosted a banquet for ambassadors, charge d’affaires and heads of international organisations in Hanoi on August 30 on the occasion of the 73rd anniversary of Vietnam’s National Day (September 2).
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his spouse (R) host a banquet on National Day (September 2)
On behalf of the Vietnamese Party, State, Government and people, the Prime Minister warmly welcomed the foreign diplomats and international friends to the celebration.
He stated that on September 2, 1945, President Ho Chi Minh, the great leader of Vietnamese people, read the Declaration of Independence, declaring to the world the foundation of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, now the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. From that historical moment, Vietnam has entered a new chapter of development.
“We always try our best to be a good friend and reliable partner of the international community for equal and win-win cooperation”, he said.
The main flow of the international relations still lies in peace and cooperation, he said, pointing to traditional and non-traditional security challenges, trade protectionism, and trade war between powerful economies.
The Fourth Industrial Revolution (Industry 4.0) and the widespread of the digital economy are exerting profound impacts on nations, including Vietnam, he said.
In that context, the Government of Vietnam has been focusing on creating a favourable environment for development and taking the satisfaction of businesses and people as a measurement of effectiveness.
As the bright future of Vietnam is associated with the regional and global peace, stability and prosperity, the country spares no effort to integrate into the world, particularly promoting economic cooperation and enhancing dialogues and cooperation with the international community on the basis of respect for independence, sovereignty, equality and mutual benefits as well as international law, regarding this as a foundation and the most effective tool to protect the legitimate interests of countries, the PM stressed.
Vietnam, along with other ASEAN member states, is implementing the ASEAN Vision 2025 to build a community of solidarity, development and prosperity in addition to promoting the central role of the bloc in the regional architecture, he noted.
He added that the country is actively preparing for the World Economic Forum on ASEAN (WEF ASEAN) 2018, which is scheduled to take place in Hanoi from September 11 to 13 under the theme “ASEAN 4.0: Entrepreneurship and the Fourth Industrial Revolution”, with the participation of senior officials from countries and nearly 1,000 ASEAN and global entrepreneurs.
Vietnam hopes to continue receiving good sentiments and valuable assistance from the governments and peoples of foreign countries, its partners and international friends, he said.
The PM believed that the foreign diplomats and friends will make more contributions to the enhancement of friendship and cooperation between Vietnam and countries around the world.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc and his spouse (R) warmly welcome foreign diplomats and international friends to the celebration
- National Assembly Chairwoman meets Cambodian Prime Minister
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu aims to hold on to power in a close-fought Israeli election
- Visit of Hon. Kitamura, Special Envoy of the Prime Minister and Member of the House of Representatives to the Republic of Senegal
- Netanyahu May Not Win Re-election: Here's Who Could Be Israel's Next Prime Minister
- King of Thailand blocks sister’s bid for Prime Minister
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu appears headed toward 5th term You may also be interested in...
- Canada’s no-sex, no-money scandal could topple Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- New Zealand prime minister vows to not say name of accused mosque gunman
- Trump's Government Asked Japan's Prime Minister to Nominate Him for the Nobel Peace Prize
- Netanyahu poised for 5th term as Israeli prime minister