To those who have lived and worked in Southern or Northern California, and traveled by car to or from San Francisco, Los Angeles or San Diego, there is a stretch of coastline halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco called the Central Coast. And somehow, very much like any quiet stretch between big cities, the Central Coast was left alone for much of the 19th and 20th centuries. What WAS there, and what made this area somewhat better known in the 1920s, was the Hearst Castle at San Simeon, built by William Randolph Hearst, for his lady friend, Marion Davies. Oh, the scandal. Watch Citizen Kane to discover more. Hearst Castle, near the town of San Simeon, Central Coast California But even back then, and for years after, the quiet of the hills, the sound of the surf and the Elephant Seals was not interrupted by the sound of tractors and concrete mixers, except for the construction of gas stations, diners and maybe a motel here and there. Today, though, this area is more populated with beach towns, but still, not metropolises. Vineyard/Winery Signs near Templeton, California Yet, east of Highway 1, over the first range of central coast mountains,… Read full this story
- New Wineries And Lodging Attract Visitors To Temecula
- The Wineries of the Napa Valley Are World Famous
- Economy and Real Estate in Sonoma County
- Visiting Napa and Sonoma Wineries With Children
- Discover Temecula Valley Wine Via The De Portola Wine Trail
- The Cuisine of Napa County is World Famous
- New Zealand Wine Tours - Touring the Wine Regions of New Zealand
- Loving Lodi - A Wine of the Month Club Favorite
- Quality Monthly Wine Clubs - Are You Missing Out?
- South Africa Coastal Wine Tours - Elim Valley to Constantia
The Vintners’ Vision : The Burbank Ranch Estate Vineyard and Winery have 286 words, post on pursuitist.com at August 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.