Violence, an escape, officers in the dock and drugs hidden inside Pot Noodles – is this a prison in crisis? HMP Forest Bank has been at the centre of a spate of nasty incidents over the past 12 months. And it has more drug and phone seizures than any other prison in the country. But perhaps most shocking are the cases involving prison officers who themselves have turned to crime – or, as in one case, are facing a serious allegation. In under a year one officer has been jailed for smuggling in mobile phones and two security guards are facing jail after admitting stealing and selling DVDs and games from the jail. Violence and drugs, especially Spice, are ‘rife’ and the government has reported more drug seizures at Forest Bank than at any other prison in England and Wales. One woman even told the M.E.N she was targeted by a prisoner who tried to get her to smuggle items into prison for him after meeting him on the dating website Plenty of Fish. It’s the latest in a string of incidents which have raised questions over security at the Salford jail. We’ve also heard from staff, ex-staff, prisoners and… Read full this story
- Special Report: Inmate deaths reveal 'torturous' use of Tasers
- Prince Charles will hold 'tell all' crisis talks with Prince Andrew over Jeffrey Epstein scandal as royal family brace themselves for new accusations from Virginia Roberts in Panorama special
- Sarah Ferguson pictured dashing to palace for 'crisis summit with Prince Andrew'
- Saudi Coalition Releases 200 Houthi Prisoners as Backroom Yemen Peace Deal Edges Closer
- Iran sentences 'CIA-trained spies' to death as crisis with West escalates
- Deal on migrants crisis delayed AGAIN: Brussels talks end without breakthrough after Turkey demanded EU double its €3bn offer
- Iraq crisis: Obama announces increase in US military aid to combat Isis surge – live
- FG rejects UN Rapporteur report of violence in Nigeria
- Violent herdsmen attacks threaten Nigeria’s stability
- Firefighter Allegedly Sexually Assaulted 14-Year-Old Girl Three Times, Tried to Make up for It by Taking Her Out to Concerts and Movies
Special report: Is this a prison in crisis? have 340 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at August 27, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.