Newly discovered data from radioactive sheep provides strong evidence that a mysterious “double flash” detected almost 39 years ago near a remote island group was a nuclear explosion. Ever since the flash was observed by a US Vela satellite orbiting above Earth in September 1979, there’s been speculation that it was produced by a nuclear weapon test by Israel. International researchers in the journal Science & Global Security analyzed previously unpublished results of radiation testing at a US lab of thyroid organs from sheep in southeastern Australia in order to make their determination. The flash was located in the area of Marion and Prince Edward islands, which are in the South Indian Ocean about halfway between Africa and Antarctica. “A new publication sheds further light on the Vela Incident of 1979,” said Professor Nick Wilson of Otago University at Wellington, who highlighted the findings but was not involved with the study itself. “[The research] adds to the evidence base that this was an illegal nuclear weapons test, very likely to have been conducted by Israel with assistance from the apartheid regime in South Africa.” Wilson, an epidemiologist and member of the Australia-based Medical Association for the Prevention of War, said… Read full this story
- Russia's Satan Nuclear Missile Said Capable of Destroying Countries, but It's Taking a Long Time to Get Right
- 'He wanted to get martyred and his wish came true': Iranian nuclear chief scientist's widow appears on state TV with her husband's coffin as supreme leader vows to avenge his assassination 'by Israel'
- The killing machine: Poisoned toothpaste, exploding phones and lethal toxins... as Mossad agents are linked to the murder of Iran's top nuclear scientist, TOM LEONARD examines how Israel's secret service perfected the art of assassination
- Compromise defense bill excludes competing nuclear testing language
- Why has the UK handed the world’s new most powerful weapon to China? Ultracold quantum matter research at Oxford that could create unhackable communications and radar to find submarines shared with Chinese military university
- India’s weapon procurement from US jumped to USD 3.4 billion in 2020
- Eminent Academic or Secret Nuke Chief? Iranian, Israeli Observers Weigh In on Fakhrizadeh’s Killing
- Lockheed Martin reveals it has been secretly testing 'supersonic' laser turret for fighter jets
- 'Secretive' coronavirus inmate furlough program records should be released, ACLU of Louisiana says
- Maps Show Where Melting Glaciers Will Reveal Cold-War-Era Nuclear Waste
Radioactive sheep shed light on secret nuclear weapons test have 386 words, post on nypost.com at August 14, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.