Hanoi (VNA) – The Ministry of Finance has topped 19 governmental agencies with public services in the Vietnam ICT Index for six years in a row after earning 0.926 points this year.
The ministry ranks first in ICT human infrastructure (1.000 points), ICT applications (0.900), and internal ICT applications (1.000 points). It is followed by the Vietnam Social Security, the State Bank of Vietnam and the Ministry of Information and Communications.
The last three positions are taken by the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources and the Government Inspectorate.
Over recent years, the Ministry of Finance has taken many steps to apply information technology across its divisions in an effort to catch up with Industry 4.0. It has deployed Big Data Analytics and started to use social media and mobile technology to delivery public services online, such as e-Tax, e-Customs, automated customs control and ASEAN one-stop-shop customs.
The ministry has also engaged in the first stage of the establishment of the digital government by developing e-Government and e-Finance. In addition, it has built smart management and provided smart financial services.
The Vietnam ICT Index 2018 was compiled by the Ministry of Information and Communications based on the United Nations’ criteria. It includes three main components of technical infrastructure, manpower infrastructure, and IT application. The survey gathered data from 63 provinces and cities; 19 governmental agencies with public services and five without public services.
The 2018 rating is the 13th of its kind issued so far in the country.-VNA
- BlueCrest’s Michael Platt named City’s top hedgie for fourth consecutive year
- Domo Ranked #1 Vendor in the Dresner Advisory Services' 2018 Collective Insights® Market Study for Second Consecutive Year
- DMW&H Selected as One of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey for 5th Consecutive Year
- Cavs reach Eastern conference finals after ousting Raptors for third consecutive year
- Middle Tennessee high school named the best in the state for a second consecutive year
- Huskies sweep Pac-12 rowing title for second consecutive year
- Two consecutive years of better monsoon, MSP hike lift rural demand
- Homeless ranks shrink again for second consecutive year
- Niche insurer Ripe grows for 10th consecutive year
- Pick-and-Popcast: Why a top 5 pick in this year's NBA Draft is a safer bet for the Grizzlies than most years