0 Have your say As Scotland and the rest of the UK bask in yet another record summer, it’s frightening to realise that global warming’s only just begun. To paraphrase the constitutional debate, it’s a process not an event. It’s started but certainly hasn’t finished and how it might end could be truly apocalyptic. The fun of what was a pleasant surprise is now long wearing off. Working in London must be insufferable for many in a city not designed for it, drought a real issue for communities and even in Scotland sleepless nights are unsettling and the effect on crops is worrying.That’s as nothing though to the wildfires and destruction around the globe from California to Greece. From great forests to scenic beaches, terror has been unleashed and death and destruction have followed. Watching on television has been bad enough, being there must have been truly horrific. It’s not just the human suffering, there’s also the wildlife killed and endangered.There’s something primordial about fire that captivates yet terrifies us. Grenfell was horrific and those who caused it must be held to account. But, that was the result of human failings and capable of resolution. What we’re facing now are… Read full this story
- Letters: The battle continues on what to do about climate change
- Striking a Balance Between Fear and Hope on Climate Change
- The climate change lawsuit that could stop the U.S. government from supporting fossil fuels
- People Need to Be Scared About Climate Change. They Also Need to Recognize That It’s Not Too Late.
- Guest Post: Trump threatens national security by denying climate change
- House Democrats Just Told the Pentagon to Redo Its Climate Change Report
- While Washington Fiddles, Many States Facing Up to Threats of Climate Change
- Utah Senator’s Solution to Climate Change: ‘Get Married, and Have Some Kids’ Instead of Green New Deal
- Lawsuit could put U.S. government's role in climate change on trial
- School science lessons targeted by climate change doubters
Kenny MacAskill: Climate change’s threat to humanity is crystal clear have 334 words, post on www.scotsman.com at August 9, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.