Speaking at the event, Standing deputy chairman of HCMC People’s Committee Le Thanh Liem said that Malaysia has 562 projects worth more than US$12 billion in Vietnam, ranking the 7th among countries and territories worldwide that have investments in the country.
The bilateral trade between Malaysia and Vietnam reached US$6.67 billion in the first half of 2018, up 19.2 percent compared with the same period last year. The two countries expected to achieve US$15 billion by 2020.
Mr. Sofian Akmal Bin Abd. Karim, Consul General of Malaysia in HCMC stressed that the relationship of the two sides has gained outstanding achievements, especially after the official establishment of the Vietnam-Singapore strategic partnership. In 2017, there was 248,000 Vietnamese tourists who traveled to Malaysia, and 488,000 Malaysian visiting Vietnam. Cooperation activities in education and youth exchange program between the two sides have been carried out regularly.
By THUY VU – Translated by Kim Khanh
- Logo contest launched to mark Vietnam-Canada diplomatic ties
- Vietnam, Germany mark 44th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- In Limbo Since Scrapping of Article 370, India and Pakistan Look to Restore Full Diplomatic Ties
- Exhibition marking 70-year diplomatic ties with China kicks off in Albania
- Exhibition held to mark 70th anniv. of establishment of diplomatic ties between China and Albania in Tirana
- Free trade, investment deals to boost Vietnam-Germany trade ties
- Romania issues silver coin to mark 70 years of diplomatic ties with China
- Spotlight: U.S., China urged to build on their 40 years of diplomatic ties
- Artistic program in praise of Vietnam-Cambodia diplomatic relations
- Google celebrates anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall with a doodle