Google wants to know where you go so badly that it records your movements even when you explicitly tell it not to.An Associated Press investigation found that many Google services on Android devices and iPhones store your location data even if you’ve used privacy settings that say they will prevent it from doing so.Computer-science researchers at Princeton confirmed these findings at the AP’s request.For the most part, Google is upfront about asking permission to use your location information. An app like Google Maps will remind you to allow access to location if you use it for navigating. If you agree to let it record your location over time, Google Maps will display that history for you in a “timeline” that maps out your daily movements.Storing your minute-by-minute travels carries privacy risks and has been used by police to determine the location of suspects — such as a warrant that police in Raleigh, North Carolina, served on Google last year to find devices near a murder scene. So the company will let you “pause” a setting called Location History.Google says that will prevent the company from remembering where you’ve been. Google’s support page on the subject states:… Read full this story
- Google tracks your movements even if you’ve turned location history off
- Should Google track consumer purchase behaviour?
- Google tracks users: Mark Warner and Frank Pallone action on privacy
- Google Assistant and Google Home won't work properly if you completely disable Google's location tracking (GOOGL)
- DealBook Briefing: Google’s #MeToo Moment
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: I don't want my nephew on a social network
- Some apps can track your phone's location more than 14,000 times a day — here's how to turn that off if you own an iPhone or Android
- Google's year in review: All of the highlights and lowlights from 2018
- How Google Blocked A Guerrilla Fighter In The Ad War
- Google’s Verily may make smart shoes that track your weight
Google is tracking your movements, even if you don’t want it to have 323 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at August 13, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.