The information was released at a meeting between Deputy Defence Minister Sen. Lt. Gen. Nguyen Chi Vinh and UK Ambassador to Vietnam Gareth Ward in Hanoi on August 17.
At the meeting, both sides agreed that defence cooperation between the countries has been growing steadily especially in terms of delegation exchange, training, and participation in the UN peacekeeping force.
Deputy Minister Vinh spoke of his appreciation for the UK’s effective support for Vietnam’s preparations for dispatching the level-2 field hospital to South Sudan.
He suggested the UK continue giving Vietnam advice on the deployment of sappers to UN peacekeeping missions and enhance cooperation in defence industry.
The two sides concurred to intensify reciprocal visits at all levels, improve cooperation mechanisms, offer mutual support at multilateral forums, and promoting foreign language training for their military personnel toward a goal of elevating bilateral defence ties to a higher level and translating it into a pillar of their strategic partnership in future.
- Vietnam, Italy convene third defence policy dialogue
- VN-India defence policy dialogue concretises joint commitments
- Vietnam, Singapore hold defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam, Cuba hold third defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam, Republic of Korea hold fifth defence policy dialogue
- Vietnam runs effective defence policy dialogues
- Vietnam, the Philippines hold defence policy dialogue
- The Philippines, Vietnam hold defence policy dialogue
- The 7th Vietnam - the US defence policy dialogue held in Hanoi