Australia will set up an infrastructure bank as part of a US$2.2 billion package of measures aimed at countering China’s influence in the southwest Pacific and lifting its political engagement in the region. Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Thursday that Australia could not take its influence in the southwest Pacific for granted, “and too often we have.” The dailyReport Must-reads from across Asia – directly to your inbox “Australia has an abiding interest in a southwest Pacific that is secure strategically, stable economically and sovereign politically. It’s where Australia can make the biggest difference in world affairs. A strong, stable region keeps all of us more secure and enables our economies to grow.” The centerpiece of the package is a US$1.5 billion financial facility that will offer loans and grants for transport, telecommunications, energy and water projects. An export financing agency will also get an extra US$727 million in an effort to encourage more Australian firms to invest in the Pacific. Known as the Australian Infrastructure Financing Facility for the Pacific, the package will be in addition to a Pacific funding plan announced in July by the US, Japan and Australia. Both are designed to take some of the air… Read full this story
- China's Outbound Tourists
- New Coal Bed Methane Drilling Technology Could Help Solve China's Pollution Problems
- Asia Pacific Colocation Market 2016: Industry Review, Insights, Demand and Analysis to 2021
- Asia Pacific Wood Adhesives and Binders Market 2016: Global Industry Insights, Statistics, Demand
- Part Two: Will China's Coalbed Methane Projects Make a New Energy Billionaire?
- Asia Pacific Hydrazine Market 2016: Industry Analysis, Statistics, Reviews and Forecast 2021
- Overview Of China fashion industry
- Asia Pacific Coiled Tubing Market 2016: Industry Review, Research, Statistics, and Growth to 2021
- Asia Pacific ECG Telemetry Devices Market 2016: Industry Demand, Segment, Statistics and Research
- Asia Pacific Well Intervention Services Market 2016: Industry Analysis, Statistics, Reviews and For
Australia antes up to challenge China in the Pacific have 301 words, post on www.atimes.com at August 11, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.