More than 100 houses in Thanh Long hamlet of Cam Thanh commune, Cam Thuy district, Thanh Hoa province, have been flooded in heavy rains following storm Bebinca
Four of the victims were in the central province of Nghe An, where many villages in mountainous areas are still isolated as local roads are submerged under flood water or damaged by landslides.
The northern mountainous province of Son La reported one death and one missing person.
In the central province of Thanh Hoa, one person died from landslide in Muong Lat district, while 600 households in the mountainous district of Lang Chanh are isolated from other areas. Around 660 other households with 2,370 persons and two schools in the district are in serious risks of flash floods and landslides.
In other districts of Thanh Hoa, Thach Thanh district’s authorities have evacuated 334 households from lowland and areas prone to floods and landslide.
In Cam Thuy district, 40 households with 200 persons also had to move to safe areas.
Bebinca made landfall in the north central province of Thanh Hoa and weakened into a tropical low pressure early August 17, according to the National Centre for Hydro-Meteorological Forecasting.
The north and north central regions have seen moderate to heavy rain (rainfall from 50mm to 150mm) since August 16 evening, posing a risk of flash flood and landslides in mountainous localities, especially Lai Chau, Son La, Hoa Binh, Yen Bai, Phu Tho, Thanh Hoa and Nghe An.
Several airlines, including Vietnam Airlines, Jetstar Pacific and Vietjet Air have had to reschedule flights from/to airports in Hai Phong city and Nghe An and Thanh Hoa province on August 17 as a result of Bebinca.
- Murphy lays down law as his double strike helps sink Storm
- Storm make Belfast Giants pay the penalty
- Stepfather of Mahomes’ girlfriend dies after medical emergency at Chiefs game
- Higa storms to commanding victory at PGM UMW ADT
- Ole Miss’ QB draws out why your team should draft 1 of his WRs
- Belfast Giants hold on for win in high-scoring thriller at Storm
- Breanna Stewart confirms torn Achilles, will miss Seattle Storm's 2019 season
- Breanna Stewart Tears Achilles; Is Expected to Miss W.N.B.A. Season
- Bay Area native Bill Buckner dies at 69 after battling dementia
- Tributes to 'wonderful teen' Niall Lyttle who died after falling off Belfast party bike -funeral details released