Amazon reports impressive growth and continues to expand, while Facebook faces difficulties following the implementation of new regulations on personal data and the Cambridge Analytica scandal, according to an analysis by Tradeville. Amazon reported a net profit of 92.2 percent for the second quarter of 2018 compared to the same period last year, exceeding the market’s expectations by over 100 percent. The company’s sales increased both in North America (30.46 percent) and internationally (21.40 percent), to solid regional growth, contributing to Whole Foods, a chain of stores dedicated to organic food, purchased by Amazon one year ago. For the current quarter, Amazon estimates higher sales of USD 54-57.5 billion, which would represent an increase of 23-31 percent from one year to the next. To maintain growth, the company will have to continue expanding in non-US markets as well. In the case of Facebook, although the company posted revenue of USD 13.23 billion, up 42 percent from the second quarter of 2017, the evolution was below market expectations. It was caused by a drop in the advertising revenue growth rate following the implementation of new regulations on personal data and the Cambridge Analytica scandal on data collection for 87 million users,… Read full this story
- Mindtree shares gain over 4% after Q3 earnings
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos commits USD 1 bn investment to digitise small businesses in India
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos Responds to Donald Trump's Twitter Attacks: 'I Expect Us to Be Scrutinized'
- Not doing favour to India: Goyal on Amazon's $1 Billion commitment
- Why rivals Microsoft and Oracle are teaming up to take on Amazon
- Google and Amazon make us worse people
- Larry Ellison has made $1.6 billion on his Tesla stock since joining its board
- 5 billion and counting: The number of WhatsApp downloads
- WhatsApp Clocks 5 Billion Downloads on Android; TikTok is The Second Most Downloaded App
- WhatsApp registers over 5 billion installs on Google Play Store
Amazon's net profit in the second quarter was USD 2.5 billion, while Facebook gain USD 5.1 billion have 298 words, post on business-review.eu at August 29, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.