Donald Trump arrived in the UK today amid a full-blown spat with Theresa May after he slammed her Brexit plan as not ‘what people voted for’. The US president took an axe to diplomatic niceties before even touching down at Stansted airport as he delivered a series of extraordinary jibes in a press conference at the NATO summit in Brussels. Before boarding Air Force One with First Lady Melania, Mr Trump highlighted Mrs May’s political woes, saying he was heading for a ‘hot spot’. And he made clear that he did not approve of the softer stance the PM has been advocating despite fury from many Tory MPs. ‘Brexit is Brexit, the people voted to break it up so I would imagine that is what they’ll do, but they might take a different route. I’m not sure that’s what people voted for,’ Mr Trump said. Mr Trump and his wife Melania waved as they stepped off Air Force One at Stansted Airport this afternoon – but he is already in a diplomatic row with Theresa May Air Force One touched down at Stansted Airport just before 2pm this afternoon as Mr Trump began his visit to the UK Mr Trump and… Read full this story
- Trump trashes May’s Brexit plan to Murdoch-owned tab
- Theresa May Survives No-Confidence Vote Amid Battle Over Brexit
- What the hell has just happened to Theresa May's Brexit plans?
- Trump slams Democrats, calls for 'nuclear option' to stop caravan of Central American immigrants
- Jeremy Corbyn warned that his Brexit plans would 'devastate' his manifesto pledges and create a new age of 'Labour austerity'
- Trump accuses May of letting down Brexit voters by getting 'involved back' with the EU
- Trump slams Joe Biden, Illhan Omar during Minnesota rally
- The People's Vote campaign is seriously 'demoralised' after May defeats plan to delay Brexit
- These Conservative party factions are fighting to take control of May's Brexit plans
- Angel investor: Theresa May’s bespoke Brexit plan is “a big mistake”
Trump slams May's Brexit plan as not 'what people voted for' and urges her to take a tougher line on immigration have 326 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 12, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.