President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin reached a number of ‘important verbal agreements’ during their summit in Helsinki this week. That news, delivered by Russia’s ambassador to the US, Anatoly Antonov, apparently comes as a surprise to US officials. Antonov, who spoke to The Washington Post on Wednesday, said that a handshake agreement was made on a range of issues, including the New START treaty and INF arms control pacts. Antonov also said that Trump and Russian resident Vladimir Putin may work together on joint military operations against terrorism in Syria (JULY 16, 2018) U.S.-Russian strategic nuclear weapons — those capable of striking each other’s territory — are governed by New Start, which was negotiated by the Obama administration in 2010. It limits each country to 1,550 strategic nuclear warheads. President Barack Obama favored further cuts, but U.S.-Russian relations soured after Moscow’s 2014 annexation of Crimea. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next FBI Director Chris Wray hints he has considered RESIGNING… ‘I’m laughing at Trump’: Ex-CIA chief General Michael Hayden… Share this article Share The Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces (INF) treaty was signed by the United States of America and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics in 1987. Antonov also said that… Read full this story
- Ukrainians nervous that Trump, Putin could decide on Crimea question
- TOP TROLL: Trump Hosts Russian Ambassador, Foreign Minister Day After Firing Comey. Then He Takes A Picture With Nixon’s Secretary Of State.
- U.S. Presidential Election: What Is Russian Media Saying on Polling Day?
- Democrats' impeachment charges say Trump betrayed the nation
- WATCH: Maxine Waters Says Trump ‘Got Into People’s Heads’ To Believe ‘No Collusion’
- Mueller says Trump was never exonerated, warns of future Russian meddling
- How Trump’s Russian Business Ties Led to Don Jr. Meeting a Kremlin-Linked Lawyer
- Putin crows that Mueller confirmed there was 'no collusion' as he meets Mike Pompeo for face-to-face talks in Russia as tensions mount in the Gulf
- Donald Trump’s Unrequited Love for Vladimir Putin
- Russian state TV brands Donald Trump its 'agent' after his White House meeting with Sergey Lavrov and suggests it is preparing a safe house for him in case he is kicked out of office
Russian ambassador to the US says Trump and Putin reached 'verbal agreements' in Helsinki on nuclear and security issues - 'much to the surprise of US officials' have 358 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 19, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.