ST. CLOUD — There are two simple messages breastfeeding advocates are trying to spread: Breastfeeding is a normal process a woman’s body is designed to do. But that doesn’t mean breastfeeding is easy or intuitive, and new moms need and deserve support. To do so, local groups are joining a global campaign to normalize and promote breastfeeding. On Saturday morning local moms will participate in The Big Latch On, and breastfeed together at Centennial Park in St. Cloud. Each August, the Global Big Latch On campaign encourages events around the world. The record was set in 2016, when 17,992 children were breastfed simultaneously in 28 countries. The campaign was started in New Zealand in 2005, and has grown in the U.S. and worldwide since 2010. MORE: Thousands of parents show support of child protective services lawsuit against Minnesota Locally, the Central Minnesota Breastfeeding Coalition, the Birth Community and La Leche League of St. Cloud are hosting the event. Kim Welvaert is the co-chair of the coalition and a lactation consultant certified by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners. She helped with two Big Latch On events in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and was excited about bringing the idea to St. Cloud. “I enjoyed… Read full this story
- Crime fighting... asthma... obesity: Six health benefits of trees
- Breastfeeding clinic to open
- The Hull hospital nurse reversing gender stereotypes in health
- Over 60s wellbeing event a big success
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats
- Breastfeeding brides share powerful images that prove mums NEVER get a day off
- Local health bodies ‘breaching guidelines on formula milk’
- The Belfast men who have walked their way back to good health!
- Antibiotic resistance: the small Indian biotech hoping to solve a big problem
- Norfolk Day boxathon aims to deliver a knock-out blow to stigma surround mental health
Get pumped: Big Latch On event promotes health benefits of breastfeeding have 297 words, post on www.sctimes.com at July 20, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.