Corrections & Clarifications: An earlier version incorrectly identified the area of Mexico the travel advisory was issued. The State Department issued a travel advisory Wednesday warning American citizens headed to Mexico to use caution in several states. The advisory comes the same week eight bodies were discovered in Cancun, a tourist hub, but the travel warning does not refer to the Quintana Roo/Cancun area. Mexican prosecutors say they have found a total of eight dead people on Cancun with two bodies dumped in two spots and four others individually found shot to death. None of the killings occurred in the city’s beachside hotel zone. ► Aug. 8: Family of woman who drowned at resort gathers for her 22nd birthday ► Aug. 3: Airlines trim flights to Mexican resorts after reports of tourist blackouts ► June 27: Terrifying stories from tourists continue year after mysterious drowning “Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread,” the travel advisory notes, referring to activity in the Mexican states Colima, Guerreo, Michoacán, Sinaloa and Tamaulipas and warning Americans to stay away. The department also advised travelers to use toll roads, avoid driving at night, use caution when taking money out of banks or ATMs and be alert at local… Read full this story
- Trump Scraps Quarantine Idea, Instead Calls For “Strong Travel Advisory” To New York & Other States
- State Department says it has repatriated 15,000 Americans but is tracking tens of thousands more
- State Department ramps up efforts to repatriate thousands of Americans stranded due to coronavirus measures
- No quarantine, but strong travel advisory to be issued, says Prez Donald Trump
- Trump backs off quarantine idea, travel advisory for CT
- Oklahoma governor orders travelers from New York quarantined
- No H1B Visa caps in retaliation for data localisation: U.S. State Department
- Coronavirus update: Australian cases rise above 30 as expert warns more are 'inevitable', travel advisory to Italy issued
- CDC issues travel advisory for NY tri-state area after Trump says quarantine 'not necessary'
- CDC issues domestic travel advisory as coronavirus deaths double to over 2,000 within two days
State Department orders travel advisory for Mexico after 8 bodies found in Cancun have 332 words, post on www.usatoday.com at June 14, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.