By PTI WASHINGTON: Pakistan’s new ambassador to the US Ali Jehangir Siddiqui today presented his credentials to President Donald Trump in the Oval Office of the White House. Cornell-educated, successful banker Siddiqui succeeds Aizaz Ahmad Chaudhry, who was a career diplomat, as Pakistan’s 28th Ambassador to the United States. Siddique presented his credentials to Trump during a ceremony in the Oval Office which included envoys from seven other countries. They are Virachai Plasai from Thailand, Ngote Gali Koutou from Chad, Sankatana Gabriel Maja from Lesotho, Mahamadou Nimaga from Mali, Cristina Balan from Moldova, Momar Diop from Senegal and Emily Margarethe Haber from Germany. In his welcome message on the embassy website, Siddiqi said that there was a great deal of promise and potential in Pakistan-US relations. “I have taken this challenging responsibility with full confidence that we can accomplish great things together,” he said. Siddiqui’s appointment as his country’s top diplomat comes at a time when US-Pakistan relationship is at low, mainly because of the Pakistan Army’s resistance to take decisive actions against terrorist groups and safe havens inside his country. Early this year, Trump decided to suspend all financial aid to Pakistan, because of the continuing existence of terrorist… Read full this story
- North Korea Threat Is Top Priority, Says Trump's New Ambassador to China
- Scorched earth: Donald Trump brings Benghazi widows and Clinton sex-assault accuser to final showdown with Hillary in Vegas - as Bill's 'secret love child' demands DNA test now
- China rejects US President Donald Trump's call to mediate on standoff with India
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump, Pence travel to Cape Canaveral for SpaceX launch
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump ‘terminates relationship’ with the World Health Organization and blames it for spread of 'Wuhan virus' as he accuses it of failing to make reforms
- The Hill's 12:30 Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump teases social media executive order as a 'big day' for 'fairness'
- Donald Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Social Media Platforms: “They’ve Had Unchecked Power”
- Donald Trump Doesn’t Believe in the Constitution
- Donald Trump: Twitter Censors ‘Doing Nothing’ to Stop China and Democrat ‘Lies and Propaganda’
- Donald Trump Scorches Broken Promises, ‘Malfeasance’ of Chinese Government
Pakistan's new ambassador to United States presents his credentials to Donald Trump have 373 words, post on www.newindianexpress.com at June 23, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.