Lockheed Martin dropped off three more F-35I “Adir” jets to the Israeli Air Force Sunday, the Jerusalem Post reported. The IAF has confirmed that it will buy at least 50 F-35 jets from Lockheed Martin, but it’s not clear if the country will procure more than that. For their part, US service branches have committed to buying thousands of units, a figure that will likely never come to fruition due to the aircraft’s history of cost overruns and missed deadlines. © AP Photo / Rick BowmerIsrael Wants US to Keep F-35 ‘Upgrade Capabilities’ Secret From Turkey – Reports An internal Pentagon analysis concluded in March that unless the US Air Force can find ways to reduce F-35 operation and support costs by 38 percent over the next decade, the service will only be able to acquire about two-thirds of the 1,763 aircraft it wants. Beyond the 50 F-35s that Israel has already allocated funding for, Israeli lawmakers have pumped the brakes on future purchases of 25 to 50 more jets requested by the IAF. In “With all the existing limitations, we cannot ignore the need to meticulously assess the face of the future, especially with regard to air combat platforms, which are so expensive, critical and [subject to] rapidly changing technologies,” Israeli lawmakers wrote in the September 27 report.
- Hill Air Force Base shows off capability, launching record number of F-35 sorties
- Fullback Cole Fagan's 260-yard performance pushes Air Force past Colorado State
- French Air Force fighter jet missing in mountains
- Air Force Academy graduate receives Jabara Award for saving Iraqi hostages from the air
- Ryan Swan soars, Air Force upsets UNLV on special night at Clune Arena
- Player of the game, numbers and other details from Air Force's loss at Wyoming
- Army storms back to hand Air Force a stunning loss after enjoying a 17-point cushion
- Ryan Swan puts up 22 and Air Force outscores UNLV on special night at Clune Arena
- Despite flaws, Air Force accepts Boeing's long-delayed and troubled tanker
- Test pilot and Air Force One among subjects for aerospace museum's Plane Talks
Israeli Air Force Adds 12th F-35 Fighter have 330 words, post on sputniknews.com at June 25, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.