SOUTHAMPTON, N.Y. (Reuters) – Curtis Strange, like Tiger Woods, peaked in his early 30s so he understands better than most the mental battles the 14-times major champion is fighting as he tries to regain his old magic. Jun 14, 2018; Southampton, NY, USA; Tiger Woods tees off the eighth hole during the first round of the U.S. Open golf tournament at Shinnecock Hills GC – Shinnecock Hills Golf C. Dennis Schneidler-USA TODAY Sports/Files Strange never won again on the PGA Tour after clinching his second successive U.S. Open title in 1989, at the age of 34. Woods, now 42 years old, has not captured a major since the 2008 U.S. Open when he was 32, though he continued to win regular tournaments until 2013, when a chronic back problem reared its painful head. Now healthy again, Woods is seeking to put it all back together, both physically and mentally, as he tries to mount a comeback and end his five-year victory drought. “The comeback is much tougher than the initial climb to the top, and the toughest part of the comeback is believing in yourself,” Curtis told Reuters at Shinnecock Hills on Friday as Woods was on his way to… Read full this story
- Tiger King's Carole Baskin's husband was strangled claims chilling new theory
- Hero Indian Open 2019: Stone, Wiesberger lauds spectacular course; Kapur hopeful of better show
- McMillion$ uncovers the bizarre truth behind the $35 million McDonald’s Monopoly scam
- Hall of Fame Auburn football coach Pat Dye dead at age 80
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch (July 2020)
- FMIA Guest: Joe Browne Looks Back At AFL-NFL Merger, 50 Years Later
- Preseason Top 25: No. 1 Clemson again the team to beat in 2020 behind Trevor Lawrence, loaded offense
- Mike Tyson: 'I'm ashamed of so many things I've done'
- NFL Power Rankings: Surprises (Bucs 5th? Raiders 8th?!) Take Back Seat. Our Country Is At A Crossroads
- How artist Hetain Patel went from Spider-Man fan to Spandex-clad star
Golf: Strange empathises with Tiger's mental fight to win again have 311 words, post on in.reuters.com at June 16, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.