Aaron Adair, who in the past has contributed widely to ATP, a few years ago wrote the “go-to book” about the Star of Bethlehem, looking critically at the phenomenon. The Star of Bethlehem: A Skeptical View really is a very good book. Aaron, together with myself, has recently decided to produce a second, updated edition of the work on Onus Books. To remind people of the sort of things contained within the original book, I will run some pieces relevant to the topic. This was an argument I was having with Vincent Torley (who some might know from Uncommon Descent) which first brought me into contact with Adair.Here it is: To coincide with the recent release of my book The Nativity: A Critical Examination, I wrote a couple of posts concerning issues with the nativity accounts in Luke and Matthew. One Christian commentator, Vincent, made replies to many of my points, all of which I rebutted. There was one point on which he pushed and that was a thesis by Christian physicist Frank Tipler that sets out to defend the Star of Bethlehem from a naturalistic standpoint. Tipler hypothesises that the Star of Bethlehem could have been a supernova or hypernova. Frank Tipler… Read full this story
- Dad's Army star Frank Williams on life after the show that made him famous
- Why Frank Fritz left 'American Pickers'—and what his co-stars have said
- Tom Jones breaks silence on famous picture with Frank Sinatra 'Wouldn’t have it otherwise'
- Frank Bonner dead: Star of WKRP in Cincinnati passes away aged 79 'due to complications'
- Frank Gardner: BBC star details being '2 hours' from death after terrorist ambush
- Sir Tom Jones on Elvis Presley and Frank Sinatra's contrasting music advice to him
- Frank McRae dead – James Bond star who played ‘Sharkey’ in Licence to Kill dies of heart attack aged 80
- Tom Jones Frank Sinatra: Was Sir Tom friends with Frank Sinatra? 'Unbelievable'
- Frank Sinatra Jr.'s Kidnapping: Barry Keenan's Motive & Details
- John Stamos Debuts Madcap Podcast About Frank Sinatra Jr.'s Bungled Abduction: 'It's a Romp'
Frank Tipler on the Star of Bethlehem…Refuted have 336 words, post on www.patheos.com at June 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.