THE number 10 shirt is usually reserved for a team’s star, the man who makes things happen. Ahead of this summer’s World Cup in Russia we’re taking a look back at the best players who’ve worn this famous jersey at the finals – and there’s some legends in this list. We’ve focused on six, but don’t think we’ve forgotten about Zico, Rivaldo, Carlos Valdaramma, Gheorghe Hagi or Gary Lineker. We’d just be here all night, otherwise. Ferenc Puskas – Hungary/Spain YOU’LL have heard all about the exploits of Puskas during his Real Madrid years – but it was in the mid-50s with Hungary that he cemented his legend. Blessed with stunning technical ability, his vision and uncanny eye for goal made him and his nation the dominant force of the decade. The star of arguably the greatest side never to win a World Cup, Puskas defected in 1956 due to the political issues and wrote his name into Madrid folklore with 156 goals in 180 games. World Cup record: Appeared in two World Cups, one each for Hungary (’54) and Spain (’62). Despite only featuring three times in 1954 due to injury, he was the creative force behind an exceptional side… Read full this story
- 'The Golden Boy' Diego Maradona turns 60
- USA Rugby announces steps towards World Cup bid, backed by MLR owners
- Maradona turns 60, dreams of scoring another against England
- World of sport salutes Maradona on his 60th birthday
- Maradona turns 60 as football icons applaud
- Champions League PIX: Real stunned; Bayern rout Atletico
- Bale arrives in UK ahead of Tottenham move
- 6am Transfer news LIVE: Benrahma to West Ham COMPLETE, Wilson joins Cardiff on loan, Rodon to Spurs DONE DEAL
- 11pm Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Edouard Mendy LATEST, new third kit mocked, Declan Rice UPDATE, Soumare link
- Dramatic victory: are we entering a golden age for the sports documentary?
Countdown to Russia: From Diego Maradona to Zinedine Zidane, the best players to have worn No10 at the World Cup have 306 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at June 4, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.