Chucky Hepburn announced his presence to those outside Omaha’s grassroots basketball world on Dec. 22 by scoring 40 points against Omaha Westside.Hepburn, who is now wrapping up his freshman year, was a varsity starter the minute he pulled on a Bellevue West jersey at team camps last June. Then, he helped lead the Thunderbirds to the Class A state title game.”The only time I have felt pressure was the state championship game,” Hepburn said. Longtime Bellevue West coach Doug Woodard has had some of the state’s top guards in his time with the T-Birds. Can Hepburn reach the level of Bellevue West alumni like Josh Dotzler or Antoine Young, who both starred at Creighton? Maybe he even matches Erik Strickland, a T-Bird and Husker great who played 11 years in the NBA.It’s not fair to put NBA expectations on a 15-year-old, but Hepburn doesn’t mind. For a freshman, he seems pretty much unshakable.”My dream is to play in the NBA and become a known commodity,” Hepburn said. “Oregon and Creighton are the schools that I have dreamt about putting a jersey on for, but I am open to any school that is a good fit for me.”Nebraska coach Tim Miles… Read full this story
- All plants at the STAR refinery launched
- 5G iPhone ‘won’t be ready until 2021’ – years after rival Samsung’s two new models
- Call The Midwife's Laura Main: I love working with the kids... I get loads of lovely cuddles with the toddler who plays my son’
- O'Brien's star soaring with glory for 'Outlaw'
- Star refinery to produce 4 million tons of diesel
- We make £600 a year by referring our friends and family to retailers we shop at
- British Airways unveils its new business class seat
- Medal glory for judo star told he may never walk again
- 'At this stage you expect Jack to star in every game'
- Temperley designs new PJs and toiletry bags for BA's First Class
Sautter: Chucky Hepburn is a star in the making, but he has company in loaded 2021 class have 320 words, post on www.omaha.com at May 2, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.