The Vietnamese President was greeted at Haneda International Airport with a 21-gun salute.
After his arrival, President Quang went on a visit to Gunma Prefecture, where there are around 3,000 Vietnamese nationals.
An official welcome ceremony for the Vietnamese head of State is scheduled for May 30 morning at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo under the chair of Emperor Akihito.
Vietnam and Japan are celebrating the 45th anniversary of their diplomatic ties this year. Bilateral partnership is now at its best time in history since the establishment of diplomatic relationship.
The State visit of President Tran Dai Quang and his spouse aims to affirm Vietnam’s consistent external policy of independence, self-reliance, multilateralisation and diversification in international relations, as well as the importance that the country attaches to strengthening the extensive strategic partnership with Japan.
The visit also aims to bolster the close relationship and political trust between senior leaders of Vietnam and Japan, contributing to strengthening the bilateral extensive strategic partnership./.CPV/VNA
- President Tran Dai Quang pays state visit to Japan
- A look back at President Tran Dai Quang’s state visits
- Looking back on President Tran Dai Quang’s state visits
- President leaves Hanoi for State visit to Japan
- Vietnam's president pays five-day state visit to Japan
- Japanese Emperor and Empress begin State visit to Vietnam
- President’s visit to strengthen extensive strategic partnership with Japan
- Japanese Emperor and Empress begin State visit to Vietnam - Viet Nam - News
- Trump to pay state visit to Vietnam after attending APEC summit