The Mormon church will cut all ties with Boy Scouts, a week after movement announced its decision to drop ‘boy’ from its name. A statement issued by the church said it had opted for the split so it could create its own youth programme, although the two organisations’ values had clearly diverged over recent years. The announcement was not a complete surprise after the religion last year removed 185,000 boys between the ages of 14 and 18 from the Scouts, signalling an end to a nearly century-old relationship based on shared values. Read more Doctor who ‘impregnated patient’ was Mormon temple president Imagine Dragons: Mormonism is a broken culture that needs to be fixed Child bride reveals horrors of life under fundamentalist Mormon sect Gay man and straight woman married to show ‘dedication to God’ divorce In 2015 the Boy Scouts decided to allow gay troop leaders and announced last year it would allow girls in its ranks. Last week, the organisation said it would change the name of its flagship programme next year to Scouts BSA to account for the inclusion of girls. Like other conservative faiths, the Mormon church opposes gay marriage and teaches that being in a homosexual relationship is a sin. Read more Boy… Read full this story
- This 8-year-old’s plan to sell Girl Scout cookies turned into a hard lesson on ‘Silicon Valley ethos’ of business
- How to Watch the Newest Season of ‘The Boys’ When it Premieres
- RBC Stops Sponsoring Golfers Johnson, McDowell Over Decision To Ditch PGA Tour For LIV Golf
- Obi-Wan Kenobi returns to our screens this week. Here's where he left off
- London daylight stabbing horror as man ‘cut up’ in knife attack on Old Kent Road
- ‘Putin is the Hitler of the 21st century – we are fighting for the future of the free world’
- Police to investigate woman who 'hit black boy, 12, with paddle' after public backlash
- Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid, Gundogan linked with Arsenal move, Lewandowski ‘will take £100k’ pay cut for Barca
- Another bloody American weekend: Gun violence sees 22 killed in shootings across America - including boy, 16, in Chicago
- How TikTok and YouTube Turned Depp v. Heard Into the New 'Trial of the Century'
Mormons to cut nearly century-old tie with Boy Scouts, a week after decision to drop 'boy' from name have 357 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at May 9, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.