For more than a year, Robert A. Durst, the embattled real estate scion, has endured a grueling series of pretrial hearings in Los Angeles, where he is charged with murdering a confidante to prevent her from telling the authorities how she helped him cover up the murder of his first wife 36 years ago. But with those proceedings on hiatus until October, his lawyers are now battling 2,800 miles to the east in State Supreme Court in Mineola, Long Island, to suppress a damaging seven-page letter written in February by an investigator. The letter details how many of Mr. Durst's statements in 1982 concerning the disappearance of his wife, Kathie McCormack Durst, were "replete with omissions and inaccuracies." The investigator, Edward J. Wright, who was working for Mr. Durst's lawyer in 1982, described how Mr. Durst erupted with "a verbal salvo of expletives directed at me" after he confronted Mr. Durst about the many discrepancies in his account of his whereabouts at the time of Mrs. Durst's disappearance. Mr. Wright was promptly terminated, according to the letter. Mr. Wright sent the letter to the law firm representing Mrs. Durst's three sisters, who have brought a $100 million lawsuit against Mr…. Read full this story
- Robert Durst Seeks Coronavirus Mistrial
- Dutch lawyer first person sentenced as part of Robert Mueller's Russia probe
- Natalie Wood’s daughter defends Robert Wagner, as he is set to feature in new HBO documentary
- Australian families of MH17 victims pen a heartbreaking open letter to Russia as report finds their military DID shoot down Malaysia Airlines plane - and they want the culprits held to account
- 'Our hearts bleed for her': Parents of fallen police officer killed in Melbourne truck crash say he and his girlfriend 'were perfect for one another' - as they reveal their own 'breathtaking' grief
- The SAGE files: 'Traffic light' system for easing lockdown could see high-risk activities like going to the pub classed as 'red' while picnics are 'green' - as ministers say they ARE considering loosening rules for going outdoors
- Amanda Knox says there is 'insufficient evidence' Carole Baskin is guilty of killing her husband based off Tiger King doc - which she claims had empathy for everyone but the Big Cat Rescue owner
- Pawan Kalyan's Ex-wife Renu Desai Reveals The Shocking Reason Behind Her Divorce
- Jace Crehan compares action to Gary Plauche, admits to killing Zachary man accused of raping his girlfriend
- Sidney Powell on Robert Mueller's 'poster boy for prosecutorial misconduct'
Did Robert Durst Kill His Wife? An Investigator’s Letter May Shed Light have 411 words, post on www.nytimes.com at May 24, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.