WASHINGTON – U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told President Donald Trump last week that he isn’t a target of any part of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation or the probe into his longtime lawyer, Michael Cohen, according to several people familiar with the matter.Rosenstein, who brought up the investigations himself, offered the assurance during a meeting with Trump at the White House last Thursday, a development that helped tamp down the president’s desire to remove Rosenstein or Mueller, the people said.After the meeting, Trump told some of his closest advisers that it’s not the right time to remove either man since he’s not a target of the probes. One person said Trump doesn’t want to take any action that would drag out the investigation.The change in attitude by the president comes after weeks of attacks on the special counsel and the Justice Department, raising questions about whether he might take drastic steps to shut down the probes.The shift gives some breathing room for Mueller, as well as Rosenstein, who has been criticized strongly by House Republicans for being slow to comply with requests for classified documents. Last week’s meeting was set up in part to allow Rosenstein to assuage… Read full this story
- Trump retweets image of US deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein behind bars 'for treason'
- Trump appears to confirm he wants US deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein in prison
- Mueller again? Trump bashes ‘disgraceful’ Russia probe
- Trump seethes against Russia probe 'disgrace'
- Brexit deal latest news: UK cannot end backstop without EU approval, Attorney General tells MPs
- Attorney General tells opposition 'grow up' over Brexit legal advice
- As Robert Mueller's Russia probe regains momentum after the midterms
- US attorney general Jeff Sessions quits ‘at Donald Trump’s request’
- Fears for Russia probe as Trump fires US Attorney General Jeff Sessions
- Trump says he ‘just finished, very easily’ answering questions in Russia probe
U.S. deputy attorney general tells Trump he’s not a target in Russia probe have 318 words, post on www.japantimes.co.jp at April 20, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.