US President Donald Trump voiced hope Wednesday (Apr 17) that North and South Korea, technically still at war, can pave the way to a lasting peace at a series of upcoming summits. Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe stands with US President Donald Trump at the end of a joint press conference at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida on Apr 18, 2018. (Photo: MANDEL NGAN/AFP) Trump made the comments amid a flurry of diplomatic activity that has fuelled hopes of a major breakthrough in the standoff with Pyongyang. “We hope to see the day when the whole Korean peninsula can live together in safety, prosperity and peace,” the US president told a joint press conference with visiting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at his Mar-a-Lago retreat in Florida. “As I’ve said before, there is a bright path available to North Korea when it achieves denuclearization in a complete and verifiable and irreversible way,” Trump said. “It will be a great day for them and a great day for the world,” added Trump, who is planning to meet North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un in the next two months. Earlier Wednesday, the US leader confirmed a clandestine meeting had already… Read full this story
- Trump shuns 'total' authority, makes peace with Governors to revive economy
- N. Korea sends condolences for former S. Korean first lady
- North Korea on Donald Trump Meeting: Thanks But No Thanks
- Korea talks: What does China have to gain or lose from a potentially reunified Korean Peninsula?
- Can Donald Trump break the North Korea bait-and-switch cycle?
- Has North Korea’s week at the Winter Olympics diminished the nuclear threat?
- North and South Korea ask UN to circulate peace declaration
- North Korea says there is 'no way' it will disarm nuclear weapons without an end to sanctions
- Could Donald Trump Stumble Into Nuclear War With North Korea?
- The Trump Doctrine Falls Flat
Trump voices hope Koreas can live 'together' in 'peace' have 312 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at April 18, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.