The most violent day in Toronto's recent history started on a decidedly cheerful note. "Hello sunshine!" Breakfast Television host Kevin Frankish sang as he introduced the morning's weather segment. Sunny and 15 C, Monday felt like the first day of spring to Henry Yang, who, like many Torontonians, was relishing the sun after such a long, dreary winter. "Such a beautiful day," Yang said to his wife, Michelle, after delivering green onions and tomatoes to Artisan Noodle, his Yonge St. restaurant, after 1 p.m. The restaurant was busier than it had been in months, while the sidewalks were alive with office workers on their lunch breaks and people running errands. So Yang was feeling good as he got back in his car and headed toward Hwy. 401. That's when he heard a crash of crunching metal. He thought it was his muffler. Then he saw the van. A few minutes later Yonge St. looked like a war zone — a two-kilometre crime scene of scattered bodies, bloodied sidewalks and people screaming for help. When the rampage was over and the alleged driver under arrest, the anguish for victims and their families was just beginning. So was the city's response to… Read full this story
- Jonathan Van-Tam warns that face masks could be necessary 'for YEARS' despite vaccine and could become as commonplace as in the Far East (before Boris Johnson interrupts to say things WILL get 'back to normal')
- 'I broke the law and paid the price. But what I learned in prison fills me with dread if the rioters rampage again'
- Twinkle Khanna’s peaceful moment turns into ‘war zone’ as kids Aarav and Nitara get into a fight, see photos
- London gym owner is fined £67,000 and could be jailed for refusing to shut during lockdown after two-day stand-off when council officials issue him with closure order
- Terrifying moment car bomb exploded outside Londonderry courthouse after New IRA 'hijacked pizza van before detonating explosives in 'very significant attempt to kill''
- Doing my bit on V-Day! Retired teacher, 87, will be among the first in line to get the coronavirus jab TODAY as NHS chief hails ‘first step on the road back to normality’ and nation begins biggest vaccination drive EVER
- Briton becomes first person in the WORLD to get approved Covid jab: Grandmother Margaret Keenan who turns 91 next week says 'it's the BEST birthday present ever' as she rolls up her sleeve on historic V-Day as UK's mass-vaccination programme begins
- Revealed: 'National treasure' V-Day pensioner, 91, is Eton-educated anti-apartheid campaigner who calls Desmond Tutu a friend and met Martin Luther King... but seems to have NO IDEA who Piers Morgan is
- How USA has become one giant hotspot: 1,172 Americans are now dying each day - an 80% increase in just one month - while hospitalizations soar to a record 96,000
- There goes the neighbourhood: Inside the squalid 'hoarder's party home' just moments from famous Bondi Beach - which was rented for just $200 a week
The day Yonge St. became a war zone: How the van rampage unfolded moment by moment have 493 words, post on www.thestar.com at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.